To display hide table of contents
Winter is a good time to make zucchini soup. Currently, they can be found at any time of the year thanks to the heated greenhouses that many use; and all over the world. It must be admitted that zucchini is a vegetable known for its nutritional value, especially potassium, phosphorus, manganese, etc. It is also an ideal vegetable for cooking and making soups and veloutés. Consume after an exhausting day. Below is the recipe zucchini and potato velouté with parsley.
What ingredients do you need to make Zucchini and Potato Soup with Parsley?
The ingredients listed below are essential for this velouté recipe (for two to four people):
- 5 zucchini;
- 4 potatoes;
- 2 cloves of garlic;
- 1 onion;
- 600 ml of chicken or vegetable broth;
- 200 ml of skimmed milk;
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil;
- 1 pinch of salt;
- Half a bunch of flat-leaf parsley.
For filling, you can use:
- 10 small celery leaves;
- 4 teaspoons of heavy cream.
How to prepare this dish?
This homemade recipe is quick and easy to make.
- In your kitchen, remove both ends of the zucchini. Wash and cut into cubes or rings;
- Peel the potatoes. Wash them and cut them into small cubes;
- Peel the garlic and onion. Chop it all up.
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan. When hot, add chopped onion and garlic over low heat for 5 minutes;
- Then add the previously chopped zucchini and potatoes. Stir, then pour in the chicken stock and skimmed milk;
- Let it simmer for 20 minutes. Add a pinch of chopped celery and simmer for another 10 minutes;
- Mix in a food processor until you get a smooth mixture. This dish can be served hot or cold with a dollop of cream and coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley.
This recipe for Zucchini and Parsley Potatoes requires at least 30 minutes to prepare.
In addition to this recipe, you can also make a classic zucchini. Rest assured, the taste is still delicious.
How to prepare classic and homemade zucchini?
To prepare classic zucchini velouté in your kitchen, you will need:
- A little water;
- Chicken or vegetable stock cube;
- Pepper and salt;
- Portions of cheese.
As for the preparation of the dish, you will need:
- Wash the courgettes and then peel them;
- Dry them with a cloth and cut them into thin strips or small cubes;
- Pour water into a saucepan and heat to a temperature that can melt the bouillon cube;
- Dip the zucchini into strips or small cubes and cook for 15 minutes;
- As soon as they are cooked, add the cheese, pepper and salt;
- All you have to do is mix everything in a food processor and serve in a large bowl.
You can make other velouté recipes from this delicious and classic recipe . For example, you can add chickpeas with zucchini or even carrots, tomatoes, pieces of meat or even cabbage.
When can you eat this vegetable soup?
Zucchini velouté, whether with chickpeas or even potatoes, can be eaten at any time of the day.Take the time to taste this delicious dish at breakfast, lunch and even dinner. A bowl of zucchini and potato soup with parsley in front of your favorite show, what do you say? Know that velouté can be enjoyed both cold and hot, let your mood guide you. Also, this dish is perfect to eat during work breaks and is perfect for children’s dinner.
What are the benefits of zucchini soup?
Zucchini is famous for its main ingredient: water. This vegetable actually consists of 96% water, as well as trace elements and minerals necessary for the functioning of the body. Zucchini is also rich in vitamins A, B9, C, potassium, magnesium and phosphorus. It is a vegetable rich in nutritional values and fiber. Zucchini is also known for lowering blood pressure and eliminating persistent hunger pangs. Zucchini is easily digestible while stabilizing the cardiovascular system. Zucchini velouté with other vegetables and accompanying ingredients is ideal for people on a slimming diet and those who want to lose weight.
Zucchini and potato velouté with parsley, like velouté made with other ingredients, remains a delicious recipe that is easy to prepare in your kitchen. Shop around to have the ingredients for your velouté on hand. Put on an apron and prepare a good dish to enjoy with the family.
I offer you a delicious recipe for zucchini and potato soup. I highly recommend trying it, it’s creamy.