Is it really possible to lose weight with soup? Some say you can lose up to 10kg in a week with this simple diet! Do you believe in it? This is very impressive! Therefore, below we reveal all the secrets of this diet, starting with the choice of soup for weight loss and going through the mistakes to avoid. Do it ! Get ready for the summer season!
Benefits of eating soup
Spring is the perfect time to start adding more liquid foods to your diet. Thanks to the large amount of vitamins and minerals they contain, they refresh you and strengthen your immunity. In addition, they help detoxify the body and fight against seasonal fatigue. If you’re a responsible person, you’ll also appreciate that by making more soups, you’re encouraging a plant-based diet that’s sustainable and eco-friendly.
This lifestyle is also associated with reducing the risk of obesity and supporting weight loss. In addition to helping you increase your vegetable intake, soup helps you retain fluids, which is very important for fat burning.
Which soup to choose to lose weight quickly?
Enjoying a bowl of soup can be an easy way to shed inches off your waistline, but only if you choose the right recipe. Here are the ingredients you should focus on and avoid to lose belly and thigh weight.
what can be eaten
There are different types of soup-based diets. Therefore, the recommended ingredients may vary. But here are the basic rules to follow to lose weight fast.
- Add more fiber to your recipes. They help keep your gut bacteria healthy and promote overall fat loss by reducing appetite. Foods rich in soluble fiber include sweet potatoes, Brussels sprouts, artichokes, carrots, beets, green peas and broccoli.
- Choose low-glycemic vegetables such as turnips, celery, cauliflower, spinach, collards, kale and green beans.
- Antioxidants are also important because they rid your body of toxins. One of the best choices for a soup diet is lycopene, which is found primarily in tomatoes. Remember that you need to add oil or fat to your tomato flour for your body to absorb it.
Common mistakes to avoid
Certain products should be avoided during the diet period as they neutralize the beneficial effects of the compounds mentioned above. Here they are:
- Dairy products have a negative impact on your diet. So avoid milk, sour cream, cream, cheese and yogurt.
- Thickening agents often found in recipes can spoil everything. Avoid flour, bread and egg yolk.
- Instant and canned soups should also be avoided. Cooking at home allows you to add ingredients you like, which is impossible if you decide to buy something at the store. It also saves you from consuming unnecessary preservatives, flavorings and colorings.
- Adding salt is the most common way to improve the taste of a dish, but it is not recommended at all for weight loss diets. So reduce the amount used in recipes or replace it completely with herbs and spices that speed up fat burning. These are cloves, fenugreek, mustard seeds, cayenne pepper, black pepper, ginger, oregano, ginseng, caralluma fimbriata and turmeric.
- Even if you prefer creamy puree soups, try to diversify your menu. According to researchers, chewing food can help increase the satiety factor of meals and keep you feeling full longer.
Soup diet to lose weight quickly
Soup diets usually last 7-10 days. They can certainly help you lose weight, but to avoid the yo-yo effect, you need to maintain fluid levels beyond this period. For example, you can continue to eat soup at least once a day, but also drink tea between meals. On the other hand, try not to eat too fatty foods, red meat and reduce the amount of dairy products. Sugar and carbohydrates are other types of products to be careful with.
Here are the top broth-based diets you can try this spring to lose weight fast and slim down your beach figure:
Broth-based soup diet
The broth-based soup diet lasts 7-14 days and can help you lose up to 10 kg. If you choose this diet, keep in mind that cream-based soups are limited, as they contain more calories and fat. So be ready to eat soup 3 times a day. If this is too much for you, you can also add lean proteins, non-starchy vegetables and fat-free dairy products to your daily menu.
Among the most famous recipes are garlic soup for weight loss, onion soup and the famous diet leek soup “Emily in Paris”!
cabbage soup for weight loss
Cabbage soup diet is one of the most popular. This is a 7-day diet plan that will help you lose 4.5 kg. Of course, if you follow it strictly. This includes eating chicken or vegetable-based soups that contain cabbage and other low-carb vegetables. It also allows you to add other low-calorie foods to your daily menu, such as skim milk or green leafy vegetables.
Artichoke soup for weight loss
This diet involves drinking seven cups of artichoke water a day and eating very limited amounts of fat-free and low-calorie foods. It only lasts for three days because it’s really drastic. During this period, you need to rest and not exercise. The end result is -4 kg, which helps to detoxify your liver, kidneys and intestines. It also gives your digestive and endocrine systems some rest after the hard work of processing food.
You can add mint leaves or fresh lemon juice to change the taste of artichoke water.
Tomato soup for weight loss
The most important element of this diet is the tomato. This requires the consumption of tomatoes at every meal, not only in soups, but also grilled or fresh. If you limit yourself to eating only this vegetable, you can lose up to 2.5 kilos in 4 days. For a less stressful diet, add other low-calorie foods to your plate, even though it won’t have as impressive a slimming effect.
This diet is a 7-day weight loss program that involves eating chicken soup with every meal except breakfast. Consume it in small portions often to reduce cravings and increase satiety. The recipe includes the following ingredients: broth, cooked chicken, herbs like garlic and onion, and plenty of non-starchy vegetables including carrots, turnips, broccoli, and collards.
In the morning, you can eat low-calorie foods such as skim milk and yogurt, fat-free cheese, cereal or whole grain bread, and fresh fruit.