Slow Cooker Soup Through My Gourmet Travel Lens, It Gives… This!
Would you like to spend the winter under the sun rather than the snow? You can always bring warmth and exoticism to yourself! Let the slow cooker do the work and get back to yours cocooning. Both comforting and relaxing,
The best of both worlds!
Portions : 6 | Preparation : 15 minutes | Cooking : 8.00 a.m
- 2 cups dried green lentils
- 3 carrots
- 1 1-inch piece fresh ginger
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 can 796 ml diced tomatoes
- 8 cups unsalted vegetable broth (see footnotes)
- 2 tbsp. smoked paprika
- 1 C. ground cumin
- 1 C. ground cinnamon
- 1 C. salt
- 1 C. harissa paste (see footnotes)
- ½ cup fresh coriander
- Rinse and drain the lenses.
- Without peeling them, cut the carrots and ginger into thin slices. Chop onion and garlic.
- In a slow cooker, combine the lentils, vegetables, stock, spices and harissa. Pepper generously.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Divide the soup between six bowls, garnish with coriander leaves and serve.
Keeps for 4 days in the fridge or 3 months in the freezer.
By using salt-free stock and adding salt to the recipe yourself, it contains less sodium than using regular stock!
If you don’t have harissa paste, substitute ¼ tsp. ground cayenne pepper.
- Calories 323
- Protein 19 g
- Fat 1g
- Carbohydrates 64g
- Fiber 9g
- Sodium 602 mg