Have you heard of Cabbage Soup Recipe for Fast Weight Loss and Detox? Whether you want to lose up to 10 pounds in just 7 days, fit into your clothes, tone up, or get rid of bloat, this slimming diet will help you achieve those goals. They still say it’s a great starting point for a healthy diet because Magic Soup is low in calories, high in nutrients, fat-free and sugar-free. Our editors decided to check the effectiveness of the program and here are the results!
What is the Cabbage Soup Diet?
Cabbage soup diet has been a very popular slimming diet in recent years. It is extremely low in fat and high in fiber and lasts a total of seven days. Although the program consists mainly of cabbage soup, it also includes other vegetables such as potatoes and tomatoes. You can also eat some meat, as well as drink unsweetened tea and coffee.
The idea is quite simple: you make and eat as much cabbage soup as you want. People typically consume two to three bowls of it a day – and since it’s virtually calorie-free, you’re in a major calorie deficit and that leads to weight loss.
How much weight can you lose with slimming cabbage soup?
Indeed, following the cabbage soup diet, you can lose up to 4.5 kg in a week. Unfortunately, sticking to such a highly restrictive diet can have a negative impact on future weight loss. If you reduce your calorie intake too much, your body will respond by lowering your metabolic rate. This means that the number of calories you burn per day will decrease, so you won’t be able to burn calories through simple daily functions like sleeping and sitting.
When you lower your metabolism, you also enter what is commonly called a weight loss plateau. So, even if you follow this diet for a long period of time, you will not see results in the end. So if you want to go on a reduced calorie diet, you have much better options to choose from. For example, intermittent fasting or the Sirtfood diet.
What can you eat during a diet?
On the Cabbage Soup Diet, participants can only eat soup with other vegetables and some meat. One potato and fruit snack per week is allowed, but bananas are prohibited. As for drinks, water, unsweetened tea and coffee are allowed. Therefore, you need to stop drinking alcohol.
- Day 1: Eat as much fruit as you want (except bananas), as well as unlimited cabbage soup, water, unsweetened tea and coffee.
- Day 2: Eat raw vegetables and cabbage soup. You are entitled to a baked potato in the evening.
- Day 3: Cabbage soup, fruit and vegetables if desired (except potatoes and bananas).
- Day 4: Cabbage soup if desired. You can drink skim milk and eat up to eight bananas.
- Day 5: a lot of cabbage soup, 565g of beef and six tomatoes. Be sure to drink 6-8 glasses of water.
- Day 6: As much cabbage soup, beef and vegetables as you want (except potatoes).
- Day 7: Cabbage soup, some brown rice and fruit juice without sugar if desired.
Fat-burning cabbage soup recipe
- 6 large onions chopped
- 2 green peppers, chopped
- 2 cans of tomatoes (cubed or whole)
- 250 g of sliced mushrooms
- 1 bunch celery, chopped
- 1/2 head of cabbage
- 3 chopped carrots
- 1 package of dry onion soup mix
- 1 or 2 stock cubes (optional)
- salt and pepper
- a pinch of cayenne pepper, curry powder, mixed herbs, or any other seasoning for extra flavor
How to prepare?
1. Fry the chopped onion in a large pot with a splash of oil.
2. Then add green pepper pieces and cook for one minute.
3. Also add chopped cabbage leaves, sliced carrot, celery and mushrooms.
4. Then sprinkle some cayenne pepper or curry powder on top.
5. Pour in 12 cups water and additional stock cubes.
6. Cook on medium heat until the vegetables are soft and the soup is the right consistency.
What is the effect of cabbage soup? Here’s our editors’ summary
- If you don’t drink a lot of water after 7 days of cabbage soup and start eating a balanced diet, you can regain the lost weight quickly. During the first 2 days after the end of the diet, 1-2 kilos more to our editors.
- It’s a pretty boring diet as it mainly consists of vegetable soup (otherwise not very tasty).